Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, Bothe Napa Valley State Park, is operated by the Napa Open Space District and offers year-round camping, picnicking, hiking and seasonal swimming. Daytime visitors can bring a picnic basket and bottle of wine to enjoy in the leafy shade of our day use area. On hot summer weekends, bring a swimsuit and enjoy a dip in the park’s spring fed swimming pool (pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day, 12:00-6:00, Saturday and Sunday). Overnight visitors can enjoy Bothe Napa Valley’s campsites and yurts year round. Over 10 miles of hiking trails among redwoods, maples, oaks and madrones are available in this 1,900-acre park.
There are 7 trails each offering something unique:
- Redwood Trail skirts the south side of Ritchey Creek and is heavily shaded by redwoods and mixed-evergreen forest, allowing for a peaceful walk along the creek bank among the ferns and other shade-loving plants.
- Ritchey Canyon Trail is 8 miles out-and-back that takes you through the park on historic routes.
- Coyote Peak Trail is a single-track trail with expansive views of the valley.
- South Fork Trail and the Spring Trail provides connectivity between Coyote Peak Trail, Ritchey Canyon and Redwood Trail and the Upper Ritchey Canyon.
- Upper Ritchey Canyon Trail can be reached via the Spring Trail Junction and takes the hiker to about 1900 feet elevation. The trail has little to no shading beyond this Junction.
- Vineyard Trail loops off of Ritchey Canyon Trail and travels around a local vineyard for a nice loop.
- Native American Garden Trail is an easy ¾ acre walking trail located next to the Visitor Center containing plants that are still used today for ceremony, food, medicine and basket weaving.
Come enjoy camping in the heart of wine country:
- 30 tent spaces/RV sites (no hook-ups) $35.00 per night 1 vehicle; $8.00 for a second car; 2 cars max
- 31-foot max motor home; 24-foot max trailer. Dump station 5 miles down the road in the town of Calistoga at the fairgrounds.
- 9 walk-ins, first-come-first-serve campsites; $35 per night 1 car (no RV) 5 people max. Seniors get a $2 discount per night.
- 1 hike-n-bike site for in-route travelers at $3.00 per person 2 nights’ maximum stay
- 3 ADA accessible drive-in/RV sites (no hook-ups); proof of disability is required at check-in
- Group Camping with friends and family! Up to 30 people; 10 cars max for $100.00
- Check-in anytime after 2:00 p.m.; Check out is 12:00 the next day
- A one-week stay is the maximum stay during the off season (Sept 16 thru May 14)
- A two-week stay is the maximum stay during the busy season (May 15 thru Sept 15)
- No one can camp more than 30 days in a calendar year.
Campsites and the day use area are equipped with:
- BBQ grill
- Picnic table with benches
- Fire ring
- Water in close proximity to all sites
- Nearby bathrooms and showers
- Firewood is available for purchase from the camp host
Yurts are also available and make camping easy, fun and comfortable! Bring your sleeping bags or bedding, cooking utensils, eating supplies, clothes and a towel! We have three 21′ in diameter yurts that sleep up to 6 and 7 smaller yurts that sleep 4. We offer ADA yurts too!
Yurts are equipped with:
- Large yurts (sites #22, #24 and # 26) sleep up to 6 people (1 queen size bed and 4 single cots); $75 weekends with a two-night minimum; $60 weekdays one-night stay is okay. The large yurt sites have enough room for one small tent and a second car; second car fee is $8.00 per night. Even with an added tent, maximum people at the site is 6.
- Small yurts (sites #1 – #7) sleep up to 4 people (1 queen size bed and 2 single cots); $70 weekends with two-night minimum; $55 weekdays one-night stay okay. No extra tent allowed at the small yurt sites and no extra car parked at the site; a second car can be parked in the lot (fee $8.00 per night).
- Table and chairs
- Outdoor fire pit and picnic table
- Nearby bathrooms and showers
- Keyed door
- Must be 18 or older to rent.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
- Refundable security deposit due upon check-in – $30.00 cash.
- No heaters allowed.
- No dogs or other pets, open flames (including candles), or cooking inside Yurts.
Reservations for campsites and yurts can be made up to seven months in advance with Reserve America.
For more information, please visit: