About The District
| Ward Two
| Ward Three
| Ward Four
| Ward Five
In November of 2006 Napa County voters approved Measure I establishing the Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District. The District is authorized to plan, improve and operate a system of public parks, trails, outdoor recreational facilities, and outdoor science and conservation education programs, as well as to protect and preserve natural areas, wildlife habitat and other open space resources. Its jurisdiction includes all of Napa County.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors whose members are directly elected by the public in each of five wards. Ward boundaries coincide with the County’s Board of Supervisors’ districts. The first Directors were elected at the same time the District was formed.
Funding and staffing for the District currently comes from the County of Napa, at the level determined by the County Board of Supervisors. The District is also empowered to obtain grants, accept gifts and collect fees for services provided. Subject to voter approval, the District is authorized to raise revenues through some types of property assessments and taxes.
The District has no power to regulate private land use, is subject to all applicable city and county regulations, and may only acquire property from willing sellers.
- 1195 Third Street, Room 210, Napa, CA, 94559
Board of Directors
- Harold Kelly, Ward 1, Board Vice-President, email@example.com
- Tony Norris, Ward 2, Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Haley, Ward 3, email@example.com
- Dave Finigan, Ward 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Myrna Abramowicz, Ward 5, email@example.com
- John Woodbury, 707-259-5933, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Gray, 707-299-1380, email@example.com
- Chris Apallas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamie Frasier, email@example.com
- Tracy Schulze, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Cahill, email@example.com